from 5th July to 31st July
Mon– Fri: 8.00-15.00
from 1st August to 31st August
Please, use the personal protective equipment for coronavirus disease and observe the general safety instructions:
· wear a face covering that covers your nose and mouth,
· clean your hands frequently with water and soap for at least 30 seconds,
· disinfect frequently your hands,
· avoid touching your face (eyes, nose or mouth),
· stay only in the designated areas,
· wherever possible, maintain 1.5 m distancing from others,
· in case of malaise, please consider coming to the Medical Library some other day.
Please put on your face covering before entering the building and disinfect your hands (hand sanitiser provided at the entrance door and other places).
Please, follow the instructions of the Library staff.
Please do not visit the Medical Library in person to sign up but use the online form to apply for admission to the Medical Library. Medical Library Admission Form for JU MC Students .
Library accounts are not activated automatically. Once the data are verified, the User will receive detailed instructions to his or her email box.
Please note that your email address at the domain @student.uj.edu.pl or @uj.edu.pl is required to create a HAN account (Hidden Automatic Navigator).
Library accounts run for one academic year and need to be renewed annually. Renewal is free for the Jagiellonian University students. This year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the reduced opening hours of the Circulation Desk, validity of the reader accounts’ will be extended:
· till 28 February 2021 for the academic staff, PhD students and non-academic staff members.
Only students who returned all borrowed books, paid for any possible fines and signed up for the new academic year in the USOS system are able to lend books for the new academic year.
There are two Reading Rooms at our library: for Books & Journals and for Electronic Resources. To access the Reading Rooms, you will need to have an active library account and present your student ID card or library card. All users are expected to adhere to the Medical Library Rule and the safety measures introduced at our library as a response to the coronavirus pandemic
The Books & Journals Reading Room provides access to the reference collection books (open stacks), recently published journals (last five years) and items received on interlibrary loan from other libraries. If an item you are looking for is not available here, you can request it from the closed stacks. Please, find this item in the online catalogue, place an order and choose the Books & Journals Reading Room as the delivery location.
Journals published five years ago or earlier are stored in the closed stacks and can be ordered to the Books & Journals Reading Room. Selected papers can be accessed by SDDE scanning services.
In the Electronic Resources Reading Room you can access online databases, electronic books and journals, and online medical resources.
Please, leave your coats and bags in the cloakroom on the ground floor before entering a reading room.
We offer free WiFi access.
All users are welcomed but priority is given to the Jagiellonian University Medical College students, faculty and staff.
Please, order books from your home computer or smartphone using the online catalogue. Until further notice, library computers are not available for the Users.
Login: Student ID Card number
Password: received at registration
You can order books from the closed stacks (location: Magazyn). After logging in, select the items you need and point out the place where the items will be picked. You can either read in the library (select the Reading Room) or take them home (select Circulation Desk or the book locker). You should collect the ordered books not later than after five days after receiving an email of confirmation.
We offer access to the shelves in the Reading Room and the Lending Department, which means that you can choose the books you need. These books cannot be ordered via the online catalogue, you should come to the library and take books from the shelves on your own or ask a librarian to help you.
Library users can reserve books currently borrowed by other readers. As soon as a reserved book is returned, the item is given to the next person from the queue.
When ordering books, please select the location where you wish to pick up your order – at the Circulation Desk, in the Reading Room or from the book locker on the ground floor of the Library building.
1. Books can be picked up on the second floor at the Circulation Desk (WYPOŻYCZALNIA).
2. When you choose the book locker, you should pick up your order on the ground floor of the Library building, Mon-Fri 6:00 am – 9:00 pm, Sat-Sun 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Use the book locker observing the instructions.
You will receive an email to let you know when your order is ready.
Please, remember to take your student ID card or library card with you.
3. When you choose the Reading Room, you should pick up your order on the second floor of the Library building. Please, remember to take your student ID card or library card with you. You are required to leave coats and bags in the cloakroom on the ground floor.
The JU MC Medical Library has introduced a 24/7 Book Self Return System. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the only way to return library items is through the drop box located outside the building doors on the left side. Only books borrowed from the Medical Library can be returned to the drop box. Items returned through the drop box will be removed from the User’s account not later than on the next day. After a three-day quarantine, the books can be lent again.
If you have damaged a book, you will have to accept the full consequences of that. If you have any doubts or complaints please contact us: email@example.com
· Present the library card / student ID card to the reader with the front cover barcode facing up. The reader is under the screen.
· Wait for the green light and place the book in the chamber. Let the conveyor belt take it in.
· Put the books one at a time.
· Wait for the green light before placing the next item on the conveyor belt.
· When you have finished, you can get a return receipt. · Press ‘Logout’. In case of any doubts or questions, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
During the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the remote library services remain unchanged, for more information please visit Library services available online Jagiellonian University e-resources (e-books and e-journals) can be searched remotely.
The scanning system allows the holders of valid library card to get scans of printed documents which are included in the library holdings. To take advantage of this service, please register, log into the system and fill in the registration form. Scanning accounts are not activated automatically. Once the data are verified, the User will receive instructions to his or her email box. Scanned documents will be available to view and download from a link sent to the requester in an email. The link is valid for 14 days.
Scanning is free for Users who have logged-in from the domains @student.uj.edu.pl or @uj.edu.pl (no more than 15 articles monthly).
Mendeley Premium account (www.mendeley.com) is free for all Jagiellonian University students.
To take advantage of this offer, please register (email address at the domain @student.uj.edu.pl, @uj.edu.pl or @cm-uj.krakow.pl is required) ORCID In case of any questions, ask the librarian (mail to email@example.com)