Reference managers are literature management tools that allow you to:
- collect and organize documents in different formats,
- find papers relevant to what you are studying now,
- access your papers from anywhere online (also using smartphone),
- automatically generate bibliographies and insert references,
- choose a citation style from among the listed options,
- create bibliographic descriptions manually in case they are missing from the databases and it is impossible to import them,
- download and collect records from databases and the Internet to be quoted in the article as well as files in a variety of formats (including PDFs) – due to automatic metadata detection,
- create many thematic folders, subfolders, groups and organize the literature around different themes,
- collaborate easily with other researchers online.
The following bibliographic management software is recommended: EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero.
EndNote – useful links:
Mendeley – useful links:
Zotero – useful links: