Web of Science
Web of Science (launched in 1960 by Eugene Garfield as the Institute for Scientific Information, ISI) is a scientific citation indexing service maintained by Thomson Reuters. Web of Science provides users with access to the world’s leading citation databases. Its authoritative and multidisciplinary (over 250 disciplines) content (sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities) covers more than 12,000 of the highest impact journals worldwide, including Open Access journals and over 150,000 conference proceedings. Web of Sciences databases available in the JU MC Medical Library are going back to 1945. It contains the following citation indices:
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-EXPANDED)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI)
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index- Science (CPCI-S)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index- Social Science & Humanities (CPCI-SSH)
Web of Science is accessible through the Web of Knowledge platform.